Friday, March 15, 2013

DIY Bleached Denim Shirt


So after I bleached my denim shorts, my friend & I went on the hunt to find denim shirts so we could bleach them as well. We used a different tutorial, so it was done a little differently than the shorts.

We simply filled a bucket with bleach, dipped our shirts in, making sure they were soaked an inch or two below where we really wanted the bleaching to stop, and set them out to dry on a plastic bag in her backyard.

I let mine set for a little over an hour and then washed it with vinegar & water and then in the washer when I got home. (A word of caution: my friend let hers set for a couple hours & they were torn to shreds like my shorts)

I am completely in love with this shirt. That is all.

TOTAL COST: $2 for shirt, $3.50 for bleach, $1 for Vinegar, and less than an hour of my time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment